Waterproofing cover of the exposed impassable flat roofs takes the overall function of protecting the building from adverse weather conditions.
In practice impassable roofs have proved very good, and we are especially preferred as the best and most optimal roof covering in this case:
- PVC, TPO or FPO final roofing membrane
- bituminous final roofing membranes
Considering the range of applications, ease of installation, durability, aesthetic value, etc., still give primacy PVC, TPO or FPO exposed roof membranes - systems. PVC, TPO or FPO final waterproofing membrane are our recommendation when it comes to this type of roof.
Waterproofing roofing membrane, designed for this type of roof, must be specially designed, tested and must be resistant to various aggressive influences such as:
- UV light (sun rays), or high humidity
- wind and wind-blown variety of harmful particles
- variety of harmful chemical compounds and accumulations
- extreme temperature differences
- mechanical strains...
Material characteristics and properties, see in download area.
Main features of exposed impassable roofs with end PVC, TPO or FPO cover are:
- possibility of installation on all types of surfaces (reinforced concrete, sheet metal supporting structure, wooden structure, etc.)
- ideal system for new industrial, sports and major infrastructure facilities, as well as a convenient system for new coverage or rehabilitation of existing roofs
- quick, easy and economical installation
- system can be installed in various and unpredictable weather conditions
- excellent vapor permeability of the entire roof
- the ability to create different types of roofs in terms of the curvature of the roof level, small and large slope, roofs with a number of details and the penetration, even vertical roofs etc.
- procedure of partial remediation is very workable and possible
- extremely light weight roof covering - the membrane (approximately a total of 3 kg / m²).
- long life properly maintained waterproofing cover (over 30 years)
- positive aesthetic value
- for work and application very suitable conventional membrane thickness 1.2 mm; 1.5 mm and 2 mm
- completely eliminated the possibility of entering of rain and snow, as well as sudden gusts of wind
variegation of the roof covering
Types of installation for PVC, FPO or TPO membrane of the roof
There are two basic principles of fixing PVC, TPO or FPO of the roof membrane:
- mechanical fixation to the substrate with "telescopic" screws broad "head"
- system full-cover bonding to the substrate
Connection mode roofing membranes is performed by the overlapped membrane welds to each other, weld width of 4 - 5 cm technology of hot air (about 600 C˚). Roof parapet, various roof penetrations, skylights, etc., are processed in a way that the angles of the above compounds and sheet metal profiles placed laminated with PVC, TPO and FPO membrane which is then welds and is fixed after the primary membrane. Minimum decline that this type of roof should have a 1.5%, in practice and usually, as recommended, is 3% or more.
Recommendation for larger and more complex roofing is professional maintenance. In fact, it is enough to once a year to professional and authorized company perform cleaning, inspection and eventual rehabilitation of critical parts exposed to the flat roof and so will the life of the entire roof and extended to 10 -15 years.
Of course, when we speak of exposed impassable flat roofs, then we do not mean only the waterproofing cover, but we must to take into account that the entire roof seems sustainable and functional system.
Other parts of the system, along with waterproofing membranes, form a distinctive section of exposed impassable flat roofs and counting from the bottom up:
- metal supporting structure, precast reinforced concrete or classic, wood or other construction
- vapor barrier
- thermal insulation (rock wool, extruded or expanded polystyrene and other types of thermal insulation)
- PVC, TPO or FPO final roofing membrane
Regardless of the kind and type of support structure and its importance in static sense, each supporting structure must be positioned in final decline the watershed drains, a minimum of 1.5% or 3% and ideally - more than 3%. In particular, it can do additional layer of screed on the decline.
Vapor barrier is an essential layer of the system and prevents the set of water vapor in the process of diffusion of water into the thermal layers of the system. The presence of water vapor causes the decay the thermal properties of the roof, water vapor condensation process is converted into water that can leak back into the building and so on. The quality and type of vapor barrier is determined based on the intensity of internal emitters of water vapor. Thus, indoor swimming pool, a large kitchen, a spa and sauna centers emit large amounts of water vapor. There are several types of materials for the vapor barrier, starting with polyethylene sheeting, bituminous adhesive strip with an aluminum sheet, special coatings, etc. Our recommendation for this type of roof is bitumen adhesive tape with aluminum inlay.
When selecting the thermal insulation should be taken on the energy requirements of the building, fire protection, the intensity of walking on the roof for service purposes air conditioning devices and the like. Our recommendation is a roof rock wool minimum weight - hardness of 160 kg / m³, ideally 200 kg / m³. This type of thermal insulation is a very good choice in terms of fire, which should put us on the first place when it comes to these roofs, then a great fit and a great compressibility regardless of geometric complexity of the roof, excellent connection to the roof membrane and the like.
PVC, TPO or FPO final roofing membrane constitute the backbone the whole system and the quality and reputation of the manufacturer must be unquestionable. Final roofing membrane must be reinforced and resistant to wind, must be UV stable over a long period of exploitation, must be resistant to chemical elements, bacteria, algae and mold. Final roofing membranes should have characteristics that can be welded very good, to be resistant to stretching, temperature changes and etc. Our recommendation is to incorporate the final roof PVC, TPO and FPO membrane thickness of 1.5 mm to 2.0 mm.
More about materials and technical details in the download area.